Car accidents in Stockton occur more than you may realize. It is not surprising, given the fact that Stockton is the 13th largest city in California with a population of almost 301,000 people. In addition to attracting residents, Stockton is also a thriving and growing center of commerce and business. The Port of Stockton is the largest inland seaport in California.
Because of the number of residents and visitors—both business and leisure—that travel in and through Stockton each day, the number of car accidents continue to rise each year. With California’s major north-south highways, Interstate 5 and State Route 99, passing through the city, it is understandable why traffic accidents occur along these routes as well as the rest of the city. Drake Law Firm represents car and truck accident victims as they attempt to recover from injuries sustained in these accidents.
Common Causes of Car Crashes and Accidents
As a car accident and personal injury attorney in Stockton, I handle hundreds of car accident cases each year and the details of each accident are always different. However, based on my experience, negligence is the most common cause of automobile accidents. As drivers, we have the responsibility and duty to operate our vehicles in a safe manner to avoid injury to others and ourselves. When drivers fail to operate their vehicle in a safe manner, they are negligent. Negligence causes accidents that result in serious injuries to others.
Common examples of negligence include:
- Aggressive Driving – “Road rage” has become more of an issue in the past few years as some drivers take out their aggression behind the wheel of their automobile. While traffic laws are in place to discourage this behavior, some drivers ignore those laws. Following too closely, running red lights, speeding, abrupt lane changes and other traffic violations contribute to the number of car accidents in Stockton.
- Distracted Driving – This is another form of negligence that we see more often as the use of technology has continued to grow. Multitasking while driving is another major problem. Texting, using your GPS, changing radio channels, eating, talking on the telephone and putting on makeup are some of the examples of distracted driving that have resulted in serious car accidents with traumatic injuries. Distracted drivers who cause automobile accidents are guilty of negligence and, therefore, are legally responsible for the damages that result from the accident.
- Driving While Impaired – Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is not only a crime—it is a demonstration of negligence. Drivers that get behind the wheel of a vehicle while impaired by alcohol or drugs, even prescription medication, are negligently putting others at risk.
- Poorly Maintained Vehicles – Drivers have a duty to maintain their vehicles so that they are safe to operate on the road. For example, if a driver knows that his brakes are failing, he did not take steps to repair the brakes and he caused an accident, the driver is negligent.
- Failure to Obey Traffic Signals and Laws – Traffic laws and traffic signals exist to keep everyone safe on the road. When a driver ignores these safety measures for whatever reason, that driver is putting everyone at risk. A driver must be held accountable for negligent behavior when that driver causes an accident due to the driver’s failure to obey traffic laws.
If you or a loved one has been injured due to the negligence of another driver, you have the right to receive compensation for your damages. My staff and I have extensive experience investigating accident claims and collecting evidence to hold the negligent party accountable for your injuries. I will help you recover compensation for your physical, emotional and financial damages.
Stockton Car Accident Lawyer
Automobile accidents can drastically change your life in a matter of seconds. While many of the car wrecks in Stockton result in minor property damage and a little soreness for the driver and passengers, others result in traumatic injuries that can end in long-term hospitalization. In the worst cases, victims suffer traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, and paralysis. You may be unable to return to work for a long time if you are able to return to work at all. The financial burden placed on a car accident victim can be tremendous. How will you pay the medical expenses? Will you be able to provide for your family and pay your monthly bills?
These questions often lead to other questions as anxiety builds and consumes your daily life. In the middle of this, you have an insurance adjuster pressing you to settle your claim quickly so that the insurance company can avoid a large settlement claim. Drake Law Firm can answer all of your questions and help you recover compensation for the damages you incurred due to another driver’s negligent actions. My office is here to help Stockton accident victims as they cope with the aftermath of an automobile accident. I understand that recovering from a serious car accident can be a difficult process as you cope with the physical pain, emotional suffering, and financial burden. I work diligently to ensure that each of my clients receives the compensation and closure they deserve.
Depending on the circumstances of your accident and the type of injuries you sustained in the accident, you may be entitled to receive compensation for:
- Property damage
- Past and future lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Past and future medical expenses
- Emotional suffering
- Physical pain
- Reimbursement for out-of-pocket expenses
- Punitive damages
I do not expect you to know everything that needs to be done after an accident—that is why my staff and I are here. We are here to help you and your family receive the compensation you rightfully deserve following a serious car accident. For someone who has never been injured in this type of incident, it can seem overwhelming to deal with the medical providers, adjusters, repair people and others. As experienced legal professionals, my staff and I understand the accident claims process. We aggressively fight the insurance company as we ensure every step is taken and every issue is addressed. Your priority is to recover and take care of yourself while we protect your legal rights to receive a just and fair settlement for your damages.
When You Need Help, I Am Here
If you have been injured in a Stockton car accident, contact car accident and personal injury lawyer Benjamin Drake.
Unlike other personal injury law firms, you will have direct access with your attorney, Benjamin Drake instead of being passed off to paralegals or assistants.
My staff is highly trained and extremely professional; however, I am your attorney and I believe in personal attention for each of my clients.
Personal Injury Lawyer Stockton
Do not wait to contact an attorney. Time is of the essence. I want to begin working on your accident claim as soon as possible so that I can help you recover the compensation you deserve for your pain, suffering, and physical injuries. Click to call 844 51-DRAKE my office today to schedule your free consultation to get answers to all of your questions so you can make an informed decision on how to proceed with your claim.