In the Terms and Conditions, you will learn the following:
- How to apply
- Rules of the Scholarship
- How the winner will be selected
These Terms & Conditions (“Terms”) explain how the Competition works. Please read the Terms carefully so that you understand all the requirements and conditions for participating.
- Entry Period. The Competition ends December 31st, 2017 at 11:59 p.m..
- Eligibility. The Competition is open to any high school senior or college student who is a legal resident of the United States residing in one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia and who is enrolled in a two-year to five-year institution for the upcoming 2018 semester (“Qualifying Institution”). Employees of Sponsor and Local Marketing LA, their immediate families (parent, child, sibling, and spouse), and persons living in the same households of such individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the Competition. No minimum GPA is required.
- How to Enter. Create a short video and upload it to YouTube, then write a supporting essay (details on these below). Go to https://drakelawgroup.com/scholarship/apply/ during the Entry Period, where you will be asked to do the following:
- Fill out an application with your name, address, date of birth, educational background (graduation year; high school attended), and student identification number at the Qualifying Institution at which you are enrolled for 2017 – 2018.
- Provide a link to your video.
- Upload your supporting essay.
Entries will not be returned.
- Content of Entries.
Video. Create a short video telling us about your superhero; someone who has influenced your education, career, or goals. Also describe what your dreams and goals are, and how this scholarship will help you achieve your goals.
The video can be serious, funny, inspiring – whatever you want! Creativity is encouraged. The video must be 30-120 seconds in length. You don’t need to be a professional videographer. Film it with whatever resources you have!
Title: Drake Law Firm California Superhero Scholarship
_________ [YOUR NAME]
Description: [LINK] [YOUR SUMMARY OF VIDEO CONTENT] This video is an application for the Drake Law Firm California Superhero Scholarship. This $1,500 scholarship, offered by Drake Law Firm, will be given to one high school senior or college student.
Essay. Your essay should expand on the content of your video, and must be 400-1000 words. This includes an explanation of your goals for the future and how this scholarship will help you achieve those goals.
Additional Requirements for Video and Essay. Both the video and the essay must be your original work and not previously published. Submissions that, in the sole discretion of Local Marketing LA, include any material that is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, disparaging of any racial, ethnic, religious, gender, sexual orientation, or any other minority group, infringing, in violation of any third party rights or any other law, illegible, or late, will be disqualified.
- Selection and Notification of Winner. All qualified submissions will be judged by Local Marketing LA and Drake Law Firm without regard to race, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or any other prohibited basis. The applicant whose submission bests meets the following criteria will be selected as the Scholarship Winner:
- Content of video
The Scholarship Winner will be chosen on February 1st, 2018, and will be notified shortly thereafter by email, using the contact information provided in the application.
- Award. The Scholarship Winner will be awarded a $1,500 scholarship, payable by check directly to the Qualifying Institution identified in the application as the school where the Scholarship Winner will be enrolled in 2018. If the Scholarship Winner decides to attend a Qualifying Institution other than the one so identified, he or she must notify Local Marketing LA no later than a month after the choosing date so that the award may be sent to the correct entity.
Except where prohibited by law, before the award can be sent to the Qualifying Institution, the Scholarship Winner will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Compliance with Official Rules, a Publicity Release, and a Release of Liability. If any potential Scholarship Winner does not meet these requirements within fourteen (14) days of notification, an alternate Scholarship Winner will be named.
- General Conditions. Any applicant suspected of tampering with or disrupting any aspect of the Competition will be disqualified. All decisions of Local Marketing LA are final. By your participation, you – and, if you are a minor, your parent or guardian – (i) agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions, (ii) represent and warrant that your entry is original and not previously published, (iii) agree to release, indemnify, and hold harmless Sponsor and Local Marketing LA, and their officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives, from any and all claims, liabilities, losses, and damages of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from your participation in the Competition or your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the Award, and (iv) grant Sponsor a sole, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, sublicensable, transferable right to use your video and essay, as well as your name, likeness, voice, biographical information, and statements, for advertising and promotional purposes, in any media now known or hereafter invented, without compensation or notification, except as prohibited by law.
- Limitation of Liability. Sponsor and Local Marketing LA make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or noninfringement with respect to the Award. Some jurisdictions may not permit limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties. Check your local laws to determine if any of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. Sponsor and Local Marketing LA are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, or unintelligible entries, including entries not received because of interrupted or unavailable network servers, failed communications networks or equipment, computer hardware or software, or other errors or malfunctions whether human, mechanical, or electronic. Should Sponsor and Local Marketing LA, in their sole discretion, determine that the Competition has been compromised by virus, bugs, hackers, or other causes beyond its control, Sponsor and Local Marketing LA reserve the right to terminate the competition and choose the Scholarship Winner in a fair and reasonable manner from among all eligible entries submitted prior to termination.
- Governing Law. All disputes concerning the construction, interpretation, validity, effect, and enforceability of these Terms & Conditions will be governed by the laws of the State of Ohio without regard to conflicts of laws provisions. You agree that exclusive jurisdiction over any legal action arising out of or in connection with the Competition will be in state or federal courts located in or nearest to Los Angeles County, California, and by submitting an application you consent to such jurisdiction and venue.
- Privacy. With the exception of the Winner’s name and Qualifying School, contact information collected by Sponsor and Local Marketing LA solely in connection with the Competition will not be shared with third parties.
- Winner’s List. For the name of the Scholarship Winner, write to Local Marketing LA at the address below no later than two months after the notification of the winner.
- Sponsor and Administrator. The Sponsor of the Competition is Drake Law Firm, 15456 Ventura Blvd., Suite 304, Sherman Oaks, CA 91403, (213) 262-0778. The administrator of the Competition is Local Marketing LA, 18653 Ventura Blvd Ste 412, Tarzana, CA 91356, (818-205-8462).
Ready to get started? Please enter your email address to begin the application process.
Oops! We could not locate your form.